Friday, May 9, 2008

Garlic, how I love you!



Garlic Shooter


Garlic is fantastically antibacterial. It is one of the most powerful things we can take into our body for health and healing. Here is an easy and fun way to get it down without ever tasting it!


Freshly squeezed juice of ½ Lemon (1-2 Tablespoons)
1-2 Tablespoons Water
1 clove Garlic, crushed

Put Lemon juice and Water into cup. Add freshly crushed garlic clove. Immediately swirl cup to achieve a circling motion and drink in one gulp.

The ‘shooter’ experience is reportedly followed by an immediate feeling of rejuvenation called the ‘shooter rush’. The original recipe came from the Arizona Garlic Festival, Verde Valley, Arizona, found in the International Garlic Festival Cookbook by Caryl Simpson.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Hi Jonelle, please excuse me approaching you via your blog; Someone showed me your lovely scented oils recently and I'm trying to find stockists in the Vegas / Henderson area. I'm particularly interested in the pick me up energy blend and the labor and birth oil and if you could point me in the right direction I'd be hugely grateful!

Many thanks,

Hannah

Jonelle Hughes said...

Hannah- No worries! Please send me an e-mail at JHughes@Herbalogie.com, and I can point you in the right direction!

hyun said...

Whoa Aunt Jonelle, this blog is amazing! What a resource.

The other day I tried to get rid of some pesky ants that wrecked havoc in our bathroom with garlic. I sometimes try to go natural in my home defense.

hyun!