Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Poem for the day-Birth

With Baby Vaughn, snuggled in bed, just an hour after birth....
no better feeling exists... none.


Lara's Birth

(for Patty, my stepmother)

by Shannon Mitchell



Sometimes our footsteps lead us

where we never thought we'd go...


Sometimes experiences left behind us

are ones God chooses to show...


As we get older and think

that everything has been seen...


Our Lord allows a miracle to show us

we don't know anything...


Sometimes the deepest agony

can bring the greatest joy...


Sometimes the journey is arduous

that takes us where we need to go...


At times we may wonder

was it really worth the wait?


But love is the greatest outcome

And Love never comes too late...


So sometimes when you may wonder

if all the patience is worthwhile...


There is nothing more rewarding

Than a Newborn Baby's Smile.

2 comments:

sagedancer said...

Jonelle,

I just read the beautiful words you just posted to Stephanie about her baby being overdue and the possibility of him receiving last minute instructions from Heavenly Father. Those were inspiring words that I truly needed to hear at this time in my life. I have a beautiful little girl that has Bipolar Disorder, Pervasive Developmental Disorder and ADHD. She was so eager to come to this earth to be here with us, to embrace all that life has to offer. I can just picture her telling Father, "I already know what it's like down there, can I go now? I want to see my mom!" I am very much looking forward to following your page because of your knowledge the natural arts and I will be directing my daughter in law to your page as well. Thank you so much!

JoaozinhaH said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.