Saturday, November 8, 2008

Oh how I love Alfalfa.... let me count the ways....










I was a big fan of The Little Rascals. I thought I was Darla. I sang like Darla, dressed like Darla, and believed I would always be Darla. Darla loved Alfalfa, and though the Alfalfa I love is a plant and not a person, we do still have that in common!

Alfalfa is an amazing plant. It is #1, numero uno on the herb list for the plant with most nutrients. It is known as the "Father of all Herbs." If you answer no to the question "Got Milk?" You will want to answer yes to "Got Alfalfa?"

It is high in natural Vit. D which helps build strong bones inside and out. It is also great for the arteries, cholesterol all organs, skin and senses. Right now I smell the sweet hay-e smell of alfalfa/peppermint tea wafting up from my tea maker. This tea is amazing and helps me personally with digestion, heartburn and the like. Alfalfa sprouts are a favorite also, though they are not as medicinal as the fresh or dried plant leaves. Alfalfa is phenomenal for helping stimulate milk production in nursing mother's as well. Combined with fenugreek, blessed thistle and marshmallow root, you've got yourself an amazing nursing stimulant. I love to start my day with a wonderful greens formula called "Amazing Greens." It is FULL of the best nutrients, and is truly my natural caffeine. It is also full of what else? Alfalfa. If I do not take this daily (I prefer it in juice, but it tastes good in water or a smoothie as well) you can find me passed out on the couch by mid morning. I feel it working in my body to balance my body functions and provide me with much needed energy. Whether you take it in a combination like Amazing Greens or by itself, alfalfa should be a part of everyone's day!
Amazing Greens can be found on Herbalogie.com, opening this next week! Please contact me for further information!
Referenced from Botanical.com

No comments: